Thursday, April 18, 2013

The War on Teachers

Noticed this blog post in draft form that I started in March of 2012.  For whatever reason, I never got to posting it; so here it is:

This is my first post unrelated to MUSIC in education, but education in general.  Public education is in a sad state of affairs; teachers are being demonized by the media and political establishments as the primary reason for failing schools.  I've had the great fortune in teaching for the last 11 years at the #1 high school in the state of Illinois; from my experiences I can tell you first hand that if a student CHOOSES not to learn, a teacher can only continue to encourage in hopes to inspire and motivate a student to care about and tend to his/her education.

Here's an article from the Washington Post:

The War on Teachers: Why the Public is Watching it Happen

No comments: